We are a financial services firm dedicated to helping our clients meet their goals. By utilizing all of the individual talents within our firm, we aim to offer an enjoyable and productive experience for all of our clients. Our defined process allows us to manage your finances in a way that prevents individual emotions from interfering in your potential success.
Douglas D. Peterson, CFP®
Douglas D. Peterson is a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) with Professional Financial Advisors, LLC. Doug specializes in personalized financial planning and will design a customized financial strategy addressing your personal goals and objectives.
Doug grew up with family that worked on the railroad and eventually joined them his senior year of high school and throughout college. He left to begin teaching/coaching high school full time. During this time, he was the head basketball coach at St. Pats High School and the head soccer coach at North Platte High School. Doug then entered the financial arena and has over 36 years of experience.
Doug has also worked with Donna's Office Service for several years meeting with numerous Railroaders from all over the country to assist them with their retirement.
In his spare time, Doug enjoys hunting, fishing, participating in the Field Trial & Hunt Tests with his dogs, being with his animals, and spending time with his family.
- The American College: Designation of Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- The American College: Designation of Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- College of Financial Planners: Designation of Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Ball State University: Received Master of Arts Degree, 1977
- Indiana Wesleyan University: Received Bachelors of Science Degree, 1973
- Professional Financial Advisors, LLC: Financial Advisor, 2003 to Present
- SagePoint Financial, Inc: Branch Manager, March 1989 to December 2018
- E.F. Hutton: Registered Representative, July 1984 to July 1987
- Varsity & Junior High Coach: Basketball & Soccer, 34 years
Marc Werkmeister, CFP®
Marc Werkmeister is a Certified Financial Planner™ and the Managing Partner of PFA. As your personal Financial Advisor, he will work with you to implement an efficient and effective plan to help make sure your money is working for you. Marc’s ongoing commitment to education and client communication will help make your life easier as markets, goals, and priorities change.
Marc co-hosts a financial podcast called “Make Retirement Work”. He is also a regular contributor to the Make Retirement Work blog and teaches retirement planning classes at local community colleges.
Since joining PFA in 2010, Marc’s investment research and insight have helped shape the company’s investment philosophy. He has played a critical role in the development of the firm’s long-term investment strategies and retirement income strategies.
Marc believes his greatest strengths are his honesty, integrity, and judgment. Marc’s varied background in farming, real estate, UNL’s College of Business Administration, and industry experience at three different firms provides a great foundation to be a complete financial advisor.
- College of Financial Planning: Designation of Certified Financial Planner, October, 2012
- University of Nebraska Lincoln: Received with Distinction, Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, May, 2006
- Hayes Center High School: Graduated Valedictorian, May, 2002
- Professional Financial Advisors, LLC: Financial Advisor, 2015 to Present
- Sagepoint Financial, Inc.: Financial Advisor, 2010 to 2015
- Waddell & Reed Financial Advisors: Financial Advisor, September 2006 to May 2010
Bernie Wurts, CFP®
Since 1994, Bernie Wurts has been working with individuals and business owners to help them map out their retirement and succession plan. “You only get one retirement and we want to make it the best it can be.” As Albert Einstein said “not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted count’s.” The premise of his whole practice revolves around his unique financial strategy process. We want you to have the ability to make money in all market conditions with the least amount of risk. Bernie works with a team of CPA’s and Estate Planning attorneys to insure all the t’s are crossed and the i’s dotted.
Bernie knows that most clients have concerns about two things: their financial future and selecting the right advisor. Choosing a financial advisor with ethics and integrity is a vital part of getting a sense of confidence about their financial future. He says, I have two goals for every client. First I want to be the kind of financial advisor whose integrity and character would be good enough for my own mother. And, second, I want to help create enough wealth so that they have the resources to live a life with no regrets; the life they have always dreamed about.
- Akron University: Bachelors of Science Degree in Business
- The American College: Certified Financial Planner in March of 1998
- Professional Financial Advisors, LLC: Financial Advisor, 2015 to Present
- Sagepoint Financial, Inc: Registered Principal, 2009 to 2018
- Securities business: Over 20 years of experience
Mark Mayfield, CFP®
Mark Mayfield is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) with Professional Financial Advisors, LLC. Mark’s goal is to help clients enjoy the confidence that results from identifying what matters most to them, creating strategies to achieve their goals, and continually tracking their progress. He achieves that by building relationships with clients, so he can put together a plan that aligns with their values and helps them leave a legacy for future generations.
Mark joined Professional Financial Advisors, LLC in 2020. He has been helping clients achieve their financial goals since 2018.
A native of North Platte, Mark graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2018 with a degree in finance. In his free time Mark enjoys traveling, golfing, and Nebraska Athletics.
- College of Financial Planning: Designation of Certified Financial Planner, July 2021
- University of Nebraska Lincoln: Received with Distinction, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, May 2018
- North Platte St. Patrick’s High School: May 2014
- Professional Financial Advisors, LLC: Financial Advisor, 2020 to Present
- JFC Financial Services: Financial Advisor, 2018-2020
Whitney joined Professional Financial Advisors, LLC in 2012 after gaining experience in the investment industry. As an Administrative Assistant to Marc Werkmeister, Whitney guarantees the necessary paperwork is complete for a smooth transition for clients as well as direct interaction with their clients.
Whitney has been married to her husband, Adam since 2011. They have three adorable children, Matilda (Tillie), Eliza, Archer and are eagerly expecting their fourth.
Outside of work Whitney enjoys reading and attending the many activities that her children participate.
- Notary Public in Nebraska
- Kaplan University: Paralegal Associates Degree (2009)
- Doane University: Bachelor of Liberal Arts Degree (2011)
- Licensed Insurance Agent: Life, Health and Medicare Insurance (2012)
Kayla joined Professional Financial Advisors, LLC in 2018. Kayla serves as an Administrative Assistant to Doug Peterson performing client service work to ensure up-to-date information on client accounts.
A native of North Platte, Kayla graduated from Mid Plains Community College with Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science Business Accounting, Agri-business, and Business Administration Degrees.
Kayla is a Notary Public in Nebraska and is currently working on her FINRA Series 65 license.
In her free time, Kayla enjoys traveling, being in nature, fishing, hunting, swimming, and spending time with family.
Cheryl joined Professional Financial Advisors, LLC in February 2020 after working many years in the banking industry. Cheryl has brought with her many years of experience as an Office Manager and strives to ensure a pleasant client experience.
She graduated from Stapleton High School and earned her Bachelor of Science Degree and Business Administration from University of Nebraska at Kearney.
Cheryl is married to Roger and outside of work enjoys cooking and baking, gardening, and spending time with their rescued Brittany named Bella.
Connect with us
Let's schedule a time to chat.
Got any questions? Please reach out.
We can help make retirement work for you.